Vilay is making her family's traditional Vietnamese Cucumber Salad on the porch of our house in Hyde Park, Chicago.
Ingredients for salad:
2 seedless cucumbers
1 fried egg omelet
Fresh Mint leaves
6 shrimp *or any meat or substitute you prefer
Ingredients for dressing:
2 tbs of water
1 tbs of honey
2 tbs of lemon or vinegar
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vegetable seasoning *I personally love using Vegeta Vegetable seasoning
2 tbs of fish sauce
1 tsp of chopped garlic
1 pinch of turmeric
How to saute the shrimp:
1. Put a little bit of olive oil into the pan on high heat
2. In a separate bowl season the shrimp with sesame seeds and vegetable seasoning *you can add as much as you want!
3. Let shrimp cook for about 8 min.
How to cook the Omelet:
1. place 1 egg in bowl
2. add 1 tsp of fish sauce and mix until well blended
3. add a pinch of black pepper
4. place into hot pan
How to make Cucumber Salad:
1. Prepare the sauce:
Mix sugar, lemon/vinegar, fish sauce, veggie seasoning, & sea salt into the water and stir real well.
2. Place cucumbers in a big bowl or plate
3. Pour sauce on top
4. Place chopped up omelet, shrimp on top along with sunflower seeds, & mint
5. To add a different dimension to the salad add Craisins on top as a finishing touch.
Enjoy your refreshing meal! ;)
Don't forget to visit Vilay Food & Beauty Youtube channel for the latest videos